WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW
In deviated or horizontal wells the A.L.I.I. tool is even more beneficial for flow area due to position of the intake of the A.L.I.I. tool.
Can A.L.I.I. tool be opened by pressure? YES
It also permits the client to pressure test the production string prior to the opening of the A.L.I.I. tool.
What is the forecasted life span of the A.L.I.I. tool?
The A.L.I.I. tool has been designed to outlast the production tubing string of the well. The A.L.I.I. tool is tested extensively for it’s opening and closing capability up to 75 times. However, it is recommended to change out the A.L.I.I. tool when the tubing string is required to be changed out. We have A.L.I.I. tools presently in wells that are exceeding 1 plus years and have been functioned by the client for servicing of the well with 100% positive results.
What pressures is the A.L.I.I. tool capable of?
The A.L.I.I. tool is rated for an external pressure of 10,000 PSI (70 MPA). Internal pressure rating is 1450 PSI (10 MPA) and the valve will open at 1885 PSI (13 MPA). This has been tested and recorded in our manufacturing and developing facility.
Can the A.L.I.I. tool be run in thermal wells? YES
The A.L.I.I. tool is designed to be run in wells up to 250°C or 482°F we also have the A.L.I.I. – T tool that is designed for extreme temperatures of 343°C or 650°F. In these extreme temperature wells the A.L.I.I. tool, by design, helps to prevent damage to tubulars & casing from stress cracking due to extreme temperature changes when pumping colder kill fluid when killing the well.
Can A.L.I.I. tool be snubbed into the wellbore? YES
The A.L.I.I. tool’s design uses bottom hole pressure to keep the valve in the closed position. It also has 2 backups designed into the tool. First of all, the tool has mechanical fingers that keep it in the closed position, and the second backup being brass shear pins locking it in the closed position. Each of these safeguards increase the overall safety of the client’s personnel and the environment.
How can the A.L.I.I. tool benefit me?
The A.L.I.I. tool has many areas that will be beneficial to any oil or gas producer:
- Increased safety to personnel due to A.L.I.I. tool being capable of being used as a barrier with the tubing having positive shut off prior to breaking wellhead containment.
- Allows safety equipment to be left as safety equipment and not to be used as routine wellhead repair equipment (i.e. not using the polish rod BOP’s to repair stuffing boxes etc., or larger wellhead repairs if the polish rod BOP’s fail to fully retract again).
- Client is capable of pressure testing tubulars and other minor diagnostics. In turn, reducing the costs of rig time, wireline services, and tubing plug charges.
- Reduced environmental costs and footprint when performing minor surface equipment repairs (i.e. stuffing box or polish rod BOP repairs).
- Reduced impact on the environment by not using kill fluids to kill well when surfacing the rod pump. A couple 100L of de-waxer or degreaser is all that is needed to clean the rod string.
- A.L.I.I. reduces the impact on the watershed by not requiring water to kill the wells.
- Reduces trucking costs for transporting of kill fluids for killing of the well and transport of recovered kill fluids to a disposal well.
- The A.L.I.I. tool can be closed with the pumpjack, sealing off tubulars which reduces rig time in killing the well.
- Increased life expectancy on disposal wells is gained by not requiring any kill fluid to surface a pump. This in turn reduces the volume of kill fluids being disposed.
- Client is able to immediately place well into production without lost production time required to recover kill fluids from tubing first and the dispose of these fluids.
- Rig cost reduction to the client by reducing the rig time needed to kill the well by simply closing the A.L.I.I. tool as a tubing barrier.
- Client is also capable of closing the A.L.I.I. tool & repositioning the tubing string in other desired perforated areas of the wellbore without incurring extra costs of surfacing the entire tubing string to reset the A.L.I.I. tool.
- Allows the client to run pressure, temperature, or other recorders without the need of external feed lines to capture real-time data while pumping operations are in progress.
- Client also has option to kill the well in the traditional methods if required.
Can the A.L.I.I. tool assist me in wells with issues of gas locking? YES
A counter weight system can be integrated onto the A.L.I.I. tool at the time of order to help resolve gas locking issues of rod pumps encountered by the client.
Can the A.L.I.I. tool be used in extreme wells with high H2S & corrosives? YES
Prior to manufacturing of the A.L.I.I. tool we will receive an oil analysis from the client for each well or field that the client wishes to run the A.L.I.I. tool in. This will help us determine the materials required to manufacture the A.L.I.I. tool for extreme wells. Special pricing will be quoted at the time of analysis for extreme wells.
Is there any other tool on the market capable of achieving the same results as the A.L.I.I. tool? NO
The A.L.I.I. tool has several patents and is the only tool available today in the marketplace.
When and where is the A.L.I.I. tool run and positioned?
The A.L.I.I. tool is run in with the production tubing string and positioned directly below the PSN. The A.L.I.I. tool can be run with either Bottom Hold Down or Top Hold Down Rod Pumps. The A.L.I.I. tool will be positioned in the wellbore as per the clients request for optimum production.
Can the A.L.I.I. tool be replaced? YES
If the tubing string requires inspection or replacement it is recommended to change out the A.L.I.I. tool or as per the client’s request.
Are there any issues to replace the A.L.I.I. tool? NO
The A.L.I.I. tool can be snubbed out of the wellbore or the traditional method of killing the well can be used.
Is there extensive training with the operation of the A.L.I.I. tool? NO
The A.L.I.I. tool can be run by the field supervisor or rig crew with minimal training due to the simplicity of the tool. This greatly benefits the client by helping to reduce costs.